Wednesday, May 23, 2012

His Love Endures Forever!

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. –Psalm 136:1 (NIV)

Following yesterday’s entry about praising the Lord, today comes the reminder that God’s love endures forever. This is a timely word in a world where love has become so fickle and self-serving. While my love wanes, God’s love endures. While my wonders and works sometimes display love, God’s wonders and God’s work always testify to love. God’s unending love gives me more reason to praise.

I needed more reason to praise this morning. Though I intended to praise God all day long yesterday, it was tough. News of unexpected hospitalizations and homes burning to the ground left me upset, not thankful. But as I reflected on the day last night and this morning, I still found reason to praise. I praise God for our local hospital that stabilized a patient. I praise God that no one was in the house when it burned. I praise God that when our world and our lives are in absolute chaos, God’s love remains steadfast.

Today, I plan to remind myself often that God’s love endures. When my cell phone battery dies in the middle of an important call, God’s love endures. When the traffic light turns red before I get through the intersection and I have to come to a halt, God’s love won’t stop. When I’m tempted to give up on someone or something, God’s love won’t quit. His love endures forever…and I am thankful (I just don’t act like it sometimes).

May God grant you the grace to proclaim the enduring love of God throughout the gift of this day.

If you are interested in reading through the Bible in a year, tomorrow’s suggested readings are 1 Kings 10-11, 2 Chronicles 9, and Romans 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment