Tuesday, May 1, 2012

God's Love Lasts

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever...we have sinned, even as our ancestors did; we have done wrong and acted wickedly. When our ancestors were in Egypt, they gave no thought to your miracles; they did not remember your many kindnesses, and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea...Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented. -Psalm 106:1, 6-7, 44-45 (NIV)


God's love lasts. God's desire to forgive, redeem, and save is the strongest desire of God. Even when our love fails and we turn away, God's love remains steadfast.


As I reflect upon today's assigned scripture readings, I am mindful that I have both hurt and been hurt. Oftentimes, I forget about those that I've hurt while continuously dwelling on those who have hurt me. In fact, when I allow myself to dwell on how others have hurt and disappointed me, it's easy to get angry. How God must feel when we hurt and disappoint Him and when we hurt and disappoint others! And yet the psalmist suggests that it's not God's anger that endures, but God's love.


May God grant you the grace to experience His goodness and love in a special way today.


If you're interested in reading through the Bible in a year, tomorrow's readings are 2 Samuel 8-9, 1 Chronicles 18-19, and Matthew 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment