Wednesday, April 11, 2012

You've Got the Power

Three times I pleaded to the Lord about this, that the thorn would leave me, but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in witness." So I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for wherever I am weak, I am strong. -2 Corinthians 12:8-10

I'm not sure if it's helpful or productive to boast of weakness. But it is helpful to acknowledge weakness and limitation and in those moments to seek God's power. It seems as if I always rely on God more in moments of weakness and it also seems as if I make room for God's power more often in those moments of weakness. It's often only when I've exhausted all other options that I am able to embrace the belief that God's grace is sufficient.

Today, in all things, I am going to trust that God's grace is sufficient. I'm going to acknowledge that the power of Christ dwells in me at all times, but especially when I am weak.

May God grant you the grace to trust God completely, to help you to believe with all your heart that His grace is sufficient and to sense that the power of Christ dwells in you.



Tomorrow's readings: 1 Samuel 14; 1 Chronicles 4; 2 Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment