Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What Have I Missed?


And he did not not many deeds there because of their unbelief. -Matt 13:58 (NIV)  

I wonder how much more God would do in my life and in the life of the church if I truly believed that he could and would? I am such a skeptic at times, doubting that certain things are possible. What if I never doubted that God could or would do anything? What if I lived every day expecting to see God's power revealed in unexpected and surprising ways?

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I avoided the office, found a quiet place, and pondered God's power. I've been running on fumes lately but after a day of being still and knowing that God is good, I seem to have rediscovered an awareness of God's power.

May God grant you the grace to believe in God and God's ability. May God's power be revealed to you in amazing ways today. 

If you're interested in reading through the Bible in a year, tomorrow's readings are 2 Samuel 21 Chronicles 11Psalm 142, and Matthew 14

No comments:

Post a Comment