Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Where's Your Focus?

Therefore do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. -2 Cor 4:16 (NIV)

God longs to make God's light shine in our hearts. This doesn't mean that we won't experience heartache and despair. On the contrary, our despair provides a greater stage for God's glory to be revealed. God seeks to be our strength in the midst of our weakness.

My problem and indeed the problem of many Christians is that sometimes I focus more on the despair or the source of my pain than I do the source of my strength. My help comes from the Lord! Paul reminds us that we have been given a treasure. We should not ignore our problems but we should not lose sight of what is ours in Christ.

When problems come, may God grant you the grace to not lose focus and to not lose heart. No matter what you face, God's desire is to bring renewal to your spirit. God's strength is made perfect in your weakness.


Tomorrow's readings are Ruth 1-2, Psalm 53, Psalm 61, and 2 Corinthians 5.

P.S. I am preaching at today's Holy Week Noonday Service here in the Fayetteville, TN. If you're in the area, please consider joining us for worship at First Presbyterian Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment