Thursday, April 12, 2012

Christ in You

Examine yourself to see whether you are living in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you? Unless, indeed, you fail the test. -2 Cor 13:5 (NIV)

A year ago, when I journaled on this day and on these readings, it was not a good day. I didn't make any specific references to events taking place in my life but I did say that I felt spiritually dry and empty (yeah, pastors feel that way at times too). In my estimation, I had failed the test. This morning, as I once again reflect on this verse and examine my life, I feel more confident than I did a year ago about where I am in my faith. There is always room for improvement but I do feel Christ in me today.

Being hungry for a greater awareness of Christ's power and presence in your life is important. Seeking to sense this presence and to find power in this presence is crucial. A daily examination for evidence of Christ in your life is a good place to start.

May God grant you the grace to examine yourself today to see whether you are living in the faith. I hope you pass the test and claim the power that is available because Jesus Christ is in you. And take comfort: His presence in your life isn't dependent upon your perception of it.


If you're interested in reading through the Bible in a year, tomorrow's suggested readings are 1 Samuel 15-16, 1 Chronicles 5, and Matthew 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment