Monday, June 4, 2012

That You'll Know God Better

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. -Ephesians 1:15-17 (NIV)

When I began writing these daily devotionals back at the beginning of the year, I pointed out that I am a much better speaker than a writer (which may not be saying much). I enjoy journaling and have found it to be an important spiritual discipline, but I've never really journaled knowing that other people were going to read it (at least while I was still alive). I have an idea of what good journaling looks like and when I read most of what I write, I don't see good journaling.

And yet God has seen fit to bless this Good Morning God ministry. Hundreds of people a day receive this daily devotional (which doesn't mean that they read it). And almost every single day, someone will either email, call, or approach me to express appreciation. Often, they'll share a little about their own faith journey or even their own struggles with faith. Then they'll usually thank me for playing a part in their faith development.

When I hear how God has used these devotionals in people's lives, I react the way Paul does when he thinks of the believers at Ephesus. He thanks God for them and he remembers them in prayer. He prays that God would grant them the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, that they would know God better.

That's my prayer for you today. I am prayerful for your faith and for your love of all God's people. I give thanks for your faithful support of this ministry and I thank God that, for some reason, God has seen fit to use a broken vessel like me to bless others. And I pray that God would keep using these morning devotionals in such a way that you would come to know God better.



If you're interested in reading through the Bible in a year, tomorrow's suggested readings are Ecclesiastes 1-3, Psalm 45, and Ephesians 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment