Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Easy to Miss


But Jesus lives forever; he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. -Hebrews 7:25 (NIV)

This morning I'm on my way to Nashville for a meeting. I read the suggested scripture readings and nothing quickly came to mind for a devotional thought. Perhaps it will as I make my way to Nashville.

So instead of a devotional thought on one of the assigned readings this morning, I thought I'd share with you the link that I used in our contemporary worship service on Sunday. It's a youtube video and it's about a minute long. I want you to especially notice that near the end of the video (at about the 50 second mark), a statement is printed on the screen about missing something. Ask yourself this question: what might this statement have to say to me as I prepare my heart, mind, and soul for the many ways that Christ comes?

Here's the link to the video: Awareness Test


You can sign up to receive these daily devotionals by email each morning by scrolling to the bottom of this page and entering your email into the yellowish box.

If you're interested in reading through the Bible in a year, tomorrow's suggested readings are Hebrews 9-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment