Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Share the Light in the Light

Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus, who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him." -John 3:1-2 (NIV)

At night. That's when Nicodemus came. At night. That's why Nicodemus came. He didn't want to be seen by anyone else so he approached Jesus under the cover of darkness.

Sound familiar? I remember a conversation that I had years ago with a man who said something like this: "I praise God at church but I don't praise Him at work. I pray to Jesus before lunch with the preacher but I don't pray to the Lord before dinner with my family. I read the Bible in a Wednesday night study but not on a Monday morning flight."

What this man was essentially saying was that there were times and places when he didn't feel comfortable spending time with Jesus. There are times when all of us feel that way.

When and where can you be seen spending time with Jesus? May God grant you the grace to share the Light in the light today.


If you're interested in reading the Bible through in a year, read 2 Kings 21, 2 Chronicles 33, and John 4 for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment