Saturday, January 28, 2012

Just Around the Corner

Please read Exodus 21-22, Psalm 12, and Acts 4 if you’re interested in reading the entire Bible through in a year.

Jesus is “the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.” –Acts 4:11 (NIV)

A cornerstone is the first stone set in a building. Every other stone is positioned in reference to that first stone, the cornerstone. Every other stone is built around that first stone, the cornerstone. If that first stone is not set correctly, none of the other stones will be. If that first stone is off even the tiniest bit, everything else will be off as well.

As I have tried to build my life into something meaningful, I’ve tried to do so with Christ as the cornerstone. He’s the point of it all. I want every aspect of my life to line up with the teachings of Jesus. Sometimes, I am tempted to find my balance and strength in other things and my life ends up leaning too much to one side. I find myself teetering and in danger of collapsing. But when I realize that I have turned my back on the true cornerstone of life, I repent. I recommit my life to being shaped and formed by Christ.

What’s the cornerstone, the first stone, of your life? What is everything else built around? As you look at your life, are you leaning? Teetering? In danger of collapsing?

May God grant you the grace to place Christ as your cornerstone today and may you find power, healing, and salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment